Friday 5 March 2010

KONA Dirt Crits - Lysterfield - Wednesday 3rd March

I got an e-mail last week about Dirt Crits starting up at Lysterfield. I thought this would be a good chance to get some extra training in at a fast race pace. The day started out normal, rode to work and back (70km), then rolled down to Trailmix only 12 km from home to register. I had to ride to the start of the race which was at the other end of the park. The A grade rides headed out first at 6.45pm.

The race started off casually with Snozza’s, ‘OK fellas away you go’. It was a fast start on fire roads with James Kennedy (Merida), Scott Chancellor and myself up front. I was first into the single track and led though the first lap with a small gap back to James. On the second lap Scott came up to my wheel and that was where he stayed until the last lap. Going out for the last lap I put in an effort on a small rise and managed to gap Scott by 20 metres. I continued to work hard for the rest of the lap and came away with the win.

The guys from Trailmix did a great job, it has been a while since I have raced any Dirt Crits and I look forward to doing it again soon.

1 comment: