Monday 16 February 2009

First hit out on the race bike

Rode the race bike for the first time at the You Yangs 6 hour on Sunday. I had a few teething issues after the first 2 laps so I stopped and fixed these. I went out for a few more laps but stopped at 3pm. I had next weekend in the back of my mind (The Otways).


It was a relaxed race feel with everyones minds on the fires that have devastated the state over the past week. It was estimated that the day raised close to $35,000.


Thanks to Tim and Shelley McColl for letting us use their tent. Out little fellas are getting on well.




I have spent some time getting the race bike ready for the upcoming season. Some weight reduction was needed with a starting weight of 12.17kg. I've upgrades the running gear, seat and post, handle bars and head stem, wheels, pedals and drive train (basically the lot). I hope to get the bike down to around 10.5kg.


Took the little fella out for another ride. This photo was taken close to the Upper Ferntree Gully Train Station. The fires have been close to our place. This small fire burnt down to Burwood Hwy.

1 comment:

  1. You should have seen that part of the bike path the other day - trees fallen across it everywhere. Can't believe the houses just a few meters to the side came off untouched.

    ReplyDelete